During a special meeting of the International Executive Board via videoconference in January, the AFM International Executive Board (IEB) determined that holding the 102nd Convention in June 2022 in Las Vegas would be impossible due to COVID variants, travel restrictions, and consideration for delegates and staff health and safety. The IEB has rescheduled the 102nd Convention for June 2023.
The 102nd Convention of the American Federation of Musicians will be held at the Westgate Hotel & Casino (3000 Paradise Road; Las Vegas, NV 89109), beginning Monday, June 26, and concluding Thursday, June 29, 2023,
Please note the following dates and deadlines:
- December 31, 2022 – Delegate entitlement for 102nd Convention is based upon the number of members reported in the local’s per capita report.
- March 1, 2023 – Deadline for resolutions to be submitted to the International Secretary-Treasurer’s office.
- March 30, 2023 – Deadline to request printed copies of the 2022 Annual Report.
- April 1, 2023 – Submission deadline for candidate statements to be published in the May International Musician (statements are not required to be a candidate).
- May 1, 2023 – Date by which Annual Report pdf is sent to local delegates, secretaries, and presidents.
- May 1, 2023 – IEB Recommendations printed in May International Musician.
- May 30, 2023 – Deadline to request Certificate of Recognition for 25, 50, and 60-year convention delegates.
- June 1, 2023 – Date by which recommendations and resolutions are posted on the AFM Convention website and sent to local delegates, secretaries, and presidents by PDF (hard copies mailed only with pre-request).
- June 25, 2023 – Delegate registration begins.
- June 27, 2023 – Nominations of officers occur on 2nd day of the convention.
- June 28, 2023 – Election of officers occurs on 3rd day of the convention, at the close of the day’s business.