Don't Go It Alone.

Become a Member

Single Song Overdub Scale

Suppose you need a musician to record an overdub part for your independent project. In that case, you don’t necessarily need to call that musician into a studio in order to get that work covered under an AFM contract. After all, musicians often have studios capable of such a recording in their own homes. 

The Single Song Overdub Scale Agreement is a contract between the Producer, the individual musician, and the Local establishing an all-inclusive “per-song” rate, which includes scale wages, health and welfare contributions, pension contributions, and any electronic transaction fees, as established on the Compensation Chart. 

The individual musician then files the agreement and appropriate AFM B-17 Report Form with the Local of record and the Pension Fund. 

This agreement may be combined with a Local Limited Pressing Agreement, and all standard union protections apply. 

Return to EMSD Resource Center